a clinic for leaders serious about taking on culture change to improve organisation health, behaviour and performance
BRISBANE May 22-23
SUNSHINE COAST June 2 – A special 1-day clinic for Schools
…also in-house on request...
Also coming up on Change
Preparing People for Change BRISBANE May 27
Leading Teams through Change SUNSHINE CST June 3
Leading Change Management BRISBANE June 12-13
…other programs & dates – see our 2014 Course Calendar...
Why bother with culture? 5 reasons why it matters...
ü Culture is a crucial key to outstanding performance...
ü Culture informs thinking and behaviour... and all leaders are concerned with that!
ü Paying attention to culture paves the way for more successful change…
ü Culture is a sink-or-swim factor when the time comes to launch strategy...
ü Culture can make-or-break leaders and team morale...
What’s Revitalising Your Culture about? Getting the culture ‘right’ is the most critical facet to focus on for leaders who want great teams and sustainable results. It impacts strategy, performance and behaviour – all key factors in organisation change success.
Some dismiss culture as too fluffy and ephemeral to manage. Or it gets discounted as a distraction not deserving of serious attention. Both these views are just plain wrong. It’s been shown time and again: constructive cultures encourage healthy high-performance; dislocated ones breed bad behaviour, toxic climates and under-performance.
The ability to effect cultural change, Harvard research says, is the real sink-or-swim factor for many leaders. We even define great leaders as someone who turns around a poor culture. But how and where do you start? That’s where our clinic on Revitalising your Culture comes in...
Revitalising your Culture unpacks the components that make up culture and equips you with an 8-phase model and practical tools to handle culture change better. Attend this unique clinic and take-away practical tools to handle culture change effort better, whether you lead a team, division or a whole organisation. You’ll learn how to:
· Identify what patterns make up culture and what to change
· Scan for signs of constructive or dislocated cultures
· Diagnose your current culture and ways to revitalise it
· Apply an 8-phase model to plan positive culture change steps
· Drill down on culture by unearthing its tacit assumptions
· Scope the challenges of leading culture change efforts
· Explore tools and plan approaches to lead cultural revitalisation
· Learn about traps and tips to counter cultural resistance
· Work out where to start with culture change
What do people say about this clinic? Leaders coming to this clinic often say how much more aware they are of the contribution culture makes to teamwork and the need to have tools to help renew team culture. Here’s a few participant remarks:
· “Excellent forum with an abundance of tools to scaffold future action.” Claire Smith, Communities
· “I learned so much about actions to address culture – a very comprehensive toolkit.” Ros Munro, Defence
· “Excellent clinic & the guide is an outstanding & invaluable tool” Jan Stiling, Queensland Health
· “Excellent. Very useful & well presented. Well worth the time to gain a complete view of where you want to go & learn ways to enact culture change.” William Custance, Public Works
· “Well facilitated, with clear models & fantastic takeaway toolkit” John Oxley, Defence
· “Very interesting eye-opener with fantastic tools & excellent guide” Jenni Dillon, Cairns Regional Council
· “Got my management team on board with leading culture change” Darren Campbell, Justice Department
· “The guide is excellent – my senior managers learned a lot” Ian Church, Tablelands Regional Council
Nominate first… Invoice & Payment to follow
General: 2-day clinic: Single $770 or $1496 for 2…
NFP/Schools: 2-day clinic: Single $660 or $1298 for 2… 1-day Schools clinic: $440 pp
· Prices include GST… Discount applies from date of registration
· Venue: Brisbane: Watermark Hotel Spring Hill; Sunshine Coast: Uni, Sippy Downs, Mooloolaba
· Inclusions: Lunch, refreshments and comprehensive self-coaching Guide
· Timing: 8.30 am – 4.30 pm each day
Course Features: Take-away one of our substantial 100-page culture change Guides plus 55-page Toolkit to start putting your culture change plans into action back at work. Use our 8-phase culture change model to design your approach and processes and delve into our CLEVER Dimensions for scanning culture to design your own culture scan customised to your organisation context
For background articles and tips on culture change download Issue 12 of our CC-E-News, a free FactFile on Leading Culture Change or our article on Creating CLEVER Cultures. For more information on how we can help with Culture Change, see our Culture-building Programs Profile – or contact us direct.
Look forward to seeing you at this one-of-a-kind clinic – and please feel free to forward this message to other contacts you have in your region or networks who are interested in making conversations with difficult performers a little less tortuous for them and a little bit easier for themselves.
Of course, if you don’t want further updates about our range of professional development offerings, please see the remove-me option at the bottom of this email.
Director - The Change Forum
See our full Course Directory
for outlines of our current range of leadership & team learning programs
Call, Email or Enquire On-line
All Change Forum programs also available for delivery In-House.
Course FEE Includes
• Self-Coaching Toolkit
• Lunch & refreshments
VENUE Central location
or Phone, Fax or Email
>>> Why not let others know... Please forward to colleagues and friends >>> Subscribe to our mail lists
You're receiving this email from The Change Forum because either you or someone else you know attended one of our learning programs or referred us to you as someone who'd be interested; a part of your organisation or equivalent organisation interstate has used our services; or you made an inquiry about our learning or consulting services. If you want to continue to receive notices of upcoming learning events in your region, free FactFiles on various facets of organisational leadership and change, subscribe to our E-Newsletters or get the latest leadership tool updates and other information from us – please, if you haven't done so already, click to confirm your interest or unsubscribe to no longer receive our emails. We respect your privacy and will not rent, resell or intentionally distribute your email address without your permission.
>>> Please Confirm your inclusion on our mailing list
>>> To ensure receipt of future mailings, please add email@example.com to your contacts or approved senders list <<<