Building better connections through EI & Conversations
Positive Performance Conversations
...taking a positive approach to poor performance...
Brisbane – JUNE 6-7
Dealing with Difficult Discussions
...convert destructive discussions into constructive confrontation...
Brisbane – JUNE 18-19
Hervey Bay July 25-26, Toowoomba July 30-31
Leading with Emotional Intelligence
…emotional intelligence is key to coping when leading gets tough…
Brisbane – JUNE 20-21
Designed & Presented by
All Change Forum programs available IN-HOUSE tailored to your leadership, team or culture change needs.
The Change Forum is an approved Queensland Health provider for
Leadership Development, Coaching and Culture Change Services
Call, email or enquire on-line at:
Tel: 07- 4068 7591
PAIR-up for PD: sign-up for less when you register for 2 places or 2 events by May 31
...7 Principles for mastering the art of constructive conversation...
Brisbane – AUGUST 1-2
A series of thoroughly useful coaching clinics to benefit leaders at all levels…
Why not come along with a colleague and have a learning partner to practise with and boost your confidence back-at-work!
The calibre of a leader’s conversations is a telling indicator of the performance culture of their workplace and a key element in the effective functioning of any team...
Building strong communication capabilities as a leader is never more vital than in times of significant change. How well you connect with people and how well you manage all the different types of conversations you need to have reflects not only on how others see you but on the likelihood of achieving successful outcomes…
Constructive conversations are the key to building better connections. Casual, crucial or contentious, they’re the cement that holds teams together and connects us to others. If you can’t talk well together in teams, all too soon it becomes tough to lead, plan, co-ordinate or even contribute. [More on conversations on-line]
Handling hard feelings is also part of building better connections – and something leaders at all levels today are expected to be able to deal with, whether theirs or other people’s. Being alert to building tensions, responsive to emotional ripples in your team and connecting constructively with them, all depend on ‘emotional intelligence’… [More on this on-line]
Combined, conversational mastery and emotional intelligence provide leaders with indispensable tools to deal with more challenging and contentious situations. How well leaders face up to hard talks to resolve differences, repair relationships and reach improved understandings is a true yard-stick of constructive work cultures. Difficult Discussions
And that’s whether The Change Forum’s leadership coaching clinics come in…
Here’s a series of highly beneficial leadership clinics that can boost your conversational confidence and emotional competence and open the way for creating better connections, building trust and inspiring superior performance from your team...
“Along with the Difficult Discussions course, Positive Performance Conversations is one of the most useful I have ever attended. I learnt a lot I could readily apply to my own work role, and learned some tools that will be of real practical assistance in an area I have previously struggled with… the self-coaching guide is fantastic…” Vanessa Richardson – Qld Health
BRISBANE ~ JUNE 6-7
Take a solution-focused approach to make tough performance conversations that little bit easier, and the feedback you have to give more ‘sayable’ and ‘hearable’. This 2-day (or 1-day fast-track) practice-based program takes you on a carefully plotted, step-by-step tour of 5 essential Footings and Frameworks to lift your comfort and competence levels and get better results from performance conversations, particularly difficult ones. Topics we touch on this ‘reality-based’ clinic include:
· Structuring – the 5 Footings and Frameworks to follow
· ‘De-vaguing’ – being specific about dissecting performance issues
· Handling defensiveness - anxiety and other high-pitched emotions
· Giving Feedback – that is clear, frank and fact-based
· Anticipating – objections, excuses, justifications and downplays
· Levelling - saying what you need and why they need it too
· Reframing - putting negative performance issues across positively
· Focusing – keeping on track and finding solutions
· Coaching – getting commitment to goals and actions
“A thoroughly engaging and dynamic training session, full of great information, tools and strategies to assist in any and all difficult discussions..” Amura Blair – EWOQ
BRISBANE JUNE 18-19 Hervey Bay JULY 25-26, Toowoomba JULY 30-31
Challenging, confronting or contentious conversations are something every leader could learn to handle better. This 2-day practical clinic equips you with a robust set of easy-to-use tools to navigate your way through those troublesome moments more confidently and convert destructive discussions into constructive conversations. Topics and tools we cover in this clinic include...
· Dynamics of difficult discussions and how to use this to structure your talk
· Common mistakes we make when talk gets tough and how to avoid them
· Starting a difficult discussion more decisively and avoiding defensiveness
· 3-part structure of all difficult discussions
· Try out tips to defuse difficult moments
· Conversational formulas to beat blocks like blame & assumptions
· Facing up to feelings and using them constructively
· Unique 8-stage model for dealing with difficult discussions
“Extremely motivating, engaging and interesting 2 days - not only for work but personal as well. Bill’s an excellent facilitator…” Zoe Smith – Centrelink
BRISBANE - JUNE 20-21
At the bottom of top performance is mastery of emotions. This practical 2-day clinic is about realising that for people to take committed action and put in a superior performance, you have to connect with their feelings first.
Connectivity is the art of being able to read and respond to what’s going on for people emotionally so you can really motivate and support them. How aware we are of our own emotions and our ability to empathise and connect with others, profoundly affects team climate, work culture and ultimately, job performance.
Topics and tools we cover in this clinic will help you...
· See how emotional intelligence links to high-performance leadership results
· Explore key dimensions and practices to energise leadership
· Create more connective and constructive team relationships
· Assess the impact your emotional patterns have on you and others
· Apply tools to create more positive emotional climates at work
· Deal more effectively with feelings – both yours and other
· Cultivate a more emotionally effective and resonant leadership style
“Leading through Conversations was great! Thoroughly enjoyable, challenging and insightful. The guidebook has become my “bible” !’m constantly referring to it. Hellen Lund – Queensland Health
BRISBANE August 1-2
Through constructive conversations, leaders inspire, energise and motivate, set the emotional tone and build a sense of harmony and collaboration. This must-do intensive coaching clinic centres on 7 essential principles for more powerful, penetrating and constructive conversations that will heighten your conversational awareness, strengthen your capacity for conversational leadership and equip you with a set of easy-to-learn tools that will boost your ability to conduct more effective conversations in a range of different settings. Topics and tools in this 2-day clinic cover...
· Grasping the conversational nature of leadership
· Applying 7 Principles for Constructive Conversations
· Turning from Debate to Dialogue: Discussion continuum
· Exploring conversational assumption-making
· Using perceptual Positions & precision questions
· Connecting with others in 2nd position
· Balancing your say with hearing their say
· Being persuasive: assert yourself positively
· The 5-P Model of more Skillful Discussion
· Goal setting - Conversational Coaching Scorecard
5 reasons to choose a Change Forum coaching clinic...
x Solid learning in a safe, small group environment
x Practical tools & frameworks for back-at-work action
x Down-to-earth, hands-on and relevant
x Comprehensive, easy-to-follow self-coaching guides
x Serious fun and sound facilitation
Register NOW on-line, by email or fax…
PAIR-up for PD and save… (Register by MAY 31… All prices GST inc)
1-person: $726 pp… or 2 places: $1375… or 2 events: $1375 pp
NFP/Schools: $660 pp… or 2 places: $1254… or 2 events: $1254 pp
(Standard Early Fee: $792 pp or $693 NFP)
· Prices include GST… Discount applies from date of registration
· Payment on invoice within 14 days and prior to attendance
· Venue: CBD venue confirmed on registration
· Inclusions: Lunch, refreshments and comprehensive self-coaching guide
· Timing: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm each day
Can we do these clinics IN-HOUSE? All Change Forum programs can be delivered in-house in standard format or customised to your needs. So if dates don’t suit or you’d like to incorporate one of our many clinics into your teambuilding or leadership development initiatives, why not contact us direct or through our on-line enquiry form to discuss ways we can help.
Your help in networking always appreciated: Hope to see you at one of these great learning opportunities, but either way, your help in sharing information about our activities and programs with staff, colleagues, associates and your wider management, HR and regional networks is always greatly appreciated...
Thank you for your time. And if you don't want any more news, tips or notices of upcoming learning events in your local area let us know. [Link for removal from our circulation list below]
Director - The Change Forum
>>> Why not let others know... Please forward to colleagues and friends >>> Subscribe to our mail lists
You're receiving this email from The Change Forum because either you or someone else you know attended one of our learning programs or referred us to you as someone who'd be interested; a part of your organisation or equivalent organisation interstate has used our services; or you made an inquiry about our learning or consulting services. If you want to continue to receive notices of upcoming learning events in your region, free FactFiles on various facets of organisational leadership and change, subscribe to our E-Newsletters or get the latest leadership tool updates and other information from us – please, if you haven't done so already, click to confirm your interest or unsubscribe to no longer receive our emails. We respect your privacy and will not rent, resell or intentionally distribute your email address without your permission.
>>> Please Confirm your inclusion on our mailing list
>>> To ensure receipt of future mailings, please add email@example.com to your contacts or approved senders list <<<